Brute Mini: Redesign
The redesigned Brute Mini (BJX) will replace the current Brute Mini (BJVS) residential boilers. The new Brute Mini BJX meets the latest Department of Energy (DOE) residential boiler regulations that were updated on January 15th, 2021.
In addition to meeting the latest DOE requirements, the Brute Mini has been redesigned with an updated control system and a proven copper/cast iron hybrid heat exchanger that offer quick response and long life. All of this combines for a perfect balance of technology, efficiency, and value.
The Brute Mini BJX is built with a digital control system that is designed for compatibility with and easy integration into a variety of systems.
Updated control features include:
- Seven, energy saving, economy modes that help match boiler function to the needs of the home.
- The integral low water cutoff can be set for automatic reset operation, or manual reset with test.
- Easier set up with designated contact terminals to control boiler pump, system pump, and indirect water heater pump (with Domestic Hot Water priority)
A new low loss header with boiler pump is standard equipment on models that are 125 MBH or larger and optional on models 100 MBH and smaller.A new low loss header with boiler pump is standard equipment on models that are 125 MBH or larger and optional on models 100 MBH and smaller.
Benefits of the low-loss header:
- Reduces guesswork and additional labor out of proper field piping.
- Longer overall heat exchanger service life.
- Allows for direct replacement of traditionally piped cast iron boilers.
For the cross-reference from the discontinued BJVS models to the new BJX models, please refer to the cart below: